I am a UX designer and researcher based in Trento, Italy, with a background in cognitive/social psychology and 10+ years of experience in user experience and human-computer interaction research.
I work at Deda Next, where I design user-centric interactive systems that are valuable to users. I do so combining the findings from user research, cognitive and social psychology, human factors and cognitive ergonomics.
I use a mixed-method approach comprising both quantitative and qualitative techniques , and my primary approach is user-centered design (UCD). I have conducted formative and summative evaluations of technological systems with a variety of methodologies ranging from questionnaire-based to lab-controlled studies, to randomized-controlled trials and observational field studies.
My expertise includes:
- exploratory research on how people interact with technology, on users’ needs and practices in everyday life contexts;
- contextual inquiry and participant observation;
- design of questionnaires, interviews, focus groups;
- translation of users’ needs and desires into requirements to inform the design;
- participatory design and co-design workshops, design sprints;
- design of user experiences and interactive mockups based on the results of user research;
- lean and rapid formative evaluation for UX iterative improvement;
- experimental design, supervision and execution of user studies; data collection, statistical/qualitative analysis;
- workshop facilitation.
As a researcher, I focused on the understanding of cognitive, psychological and social processes of technology appropriation and interaction, on the study of socio-technical systems in organizational contexts, computer-mediated communication and online collaborative activity, behaviour change for improving quality of life and sustainability, smart interfaces and interaction.
The views and opinions expressed in this website are my own and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations I may or may not be associated with, in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated.